Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Welcome Weary Travellers

My name is Caleb. I'm known as the Sailing Preacher. This came about in two ways. The first of which is the fact that I'm a preacher, and I love to sail. Pretty straight-forward I'll admit, but it's who I am. The second reason, however, is a bit more cryptic. Most people have an image in their minds when they think "clergy". Most of the time, the image that emerges is an older man, wearing all black but with a white collar. Sometimes, people will get a more realistic picture. They will picture a middle aged man who looks like any other guy, but has a certain peace and wisdom about them. They seem stable and secure. I am neither of the above. I'm an adventurer at heart. Just like the explorers in the time of Columbus, Magellan, Dias, and Coronado, I too am one who loves taking risks and seeking out new adventures. The reality is, a preacher, for the most part, goes through the exact same things that everyone else does and my goal is to share how I deal with them. I plan on writing about life experiences, thoughts, feelings, and disappointments. Well, maybe not feelings. I am a guy after all, and you know... we don't have feelings. The point is, my life will be here for all to share. Enjoy!

-The Sailing Preacher

No comments: